games.wtanaka.com is a hobby site where you can play a variety of strategic and luck based board, card, and dice games for free with other people around the world using just your web browser. You can play games here in several different ways:
- In real time like in real life, where players are all present at the same time and waiting while the other players take their turns
- Turn based, like with correspondence games where a game might stretch over days or weeks with each player taking their turn when they have some free time to do so
- In a hybrid fashion, where a real time game can be set aside for a few hours or few days, and the players can come back to it later and continue playing where the game left off
To start playing, you can start a new game in the "Main" tab or you can look for games which need more players in the "Join game" tab.
Other ways to access games.wtanaka.com
games.wtanaka.com has an "widget" which can be added to your iGoogle personalized home page, your Orkut profile, or your FriendConnect enabled website.
When a player starts a new game, an announcement is posted to Twitter and to FriendFeed.
Request a game we don't have yet
To request a game be implemented on games.wtanaka.com:
- Register a boardgamegeek.com account if you don't already have one
- Find the game in this list http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46998 and vote for it with the "thumbs up" icon.
- If the game is not already in the list, add it with the Add Item link
Documentation and help files
Documentation and help files can be found at http://groups.google.com/group/games-wtanaka/web.
If you are interested in helping this site out so that it becomes more useful to everyone who uses it, here are some things you can do:
- Tell your friends about this site. Add a link to this site to your website or blog. Invite them to play a game here.
- Follow the site on Twitter and FriendFeed
- Share ideas about what you think could be improved using the "Feedback" link at the bottom of the page.
- Get in touch if you can translate parts or all of the user interface to a different language. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the feedback link.
- If you have a boardgamegeek account, click the thumbs up icon on these two GeekLists: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/47000 and http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46998. It helps make the site more visible there.
- Comment on the games.wtanaka.com App Engine gallery entry and give it five stars.
The Water Drop sound recorded by Mike Koenig, and the Close Door sound recorded by Caroline Ford are used here under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.